American Express have increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton HHonors Surpass card to 85,000 points if you spend $3,000 or more within three months of account opening.
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- Welcome bonus is not available to those who have or who have had this card in the past.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12x points per dollar on purchases with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6x points per dollar U.S restaurants
- 6x points per dollar at U.S supermarkets
- 6x points per dollar at U.S gas stations
- 3x points per dollar on all other purchases
- Card comes with complimentary gold status, if you spend $40,000 or more in a calendar year you will receive HHonors Diamond status through the end of next year
- Free priority pass membership
One More Thing!
The standard bonus is 60,000 points, but this card has peaked at 80,000 points a few times. The 85,000 is the highest public bonus for the Surpass card I’ve ever seen, so if you’re in need of Hilton points it’s probably a good bet. However, if you are a Avid Credit Card Joint reader you will know there is a way to get 50,000 HHonors points with this Surpass credit card without getting a credit pull.
True 50k isn’t 85k, but 50,000 with a credit pull is work 35,000 points.
What is this 50k you keep mentioning?
Originally posted here:
We found this link, that upgrades your credit card WITHOUT a credit pull.
So all you need to do is have an existing card that is eligible, I had a HHonors regular card, so that worked. I didn’t apply for the HHonors card, rather I downgraded the Amex Delta Platinum card that I got last month with 60k. For those that read our blog frequently, they would have nabbed that card as well. now it is really putting my credit pull to good use with this bonus 50k on the Surpass card.
What else do you need to do?
There is a spending requirement of $3,000 in 90 days, like all credit card signups.
Apply for the Hilton Surpass card for 85,000, or just upgrade for 50,000 bonus points.