IHG PointBreakers are from the cheapest hotel rooms in the world. We are not talking about a motel 6. Some of these hotels are really nice, and cost a pretty penny for a nights stay. IHG brand hotels include the following sub properties Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, and Staybridge Suites hotels.
Crown Plaza in Orlando Florida – I have stayed here!
Rooms cost 5,000 points, that it equivalent to $35. That is almost free! The room rates are usually 10,000 – 50,000 points so you are getting a really good discount.
How to earn IHG points?
If you don’t have IHG points then there are a few ways to get those 5,000 points into your account.
- Apply for the IHG credit card. The card has a 60k signup bonus. It used to have a 80k offer, you can try to SM for the better offer. According to this post there still is a 80k Link.
- Transfer points from your Chase Ultimate Rewards account.
- Buy IHG miles for $.07 by fooling the system.
- Book a night using cash and points ($70 and 5,000 points)
- Make sure it is a refundable booking
- Refund it and you will get 10,000 points instead of the $70