Just this passed Thursday the Annual Fee on my SPG card has came up. I called in to get the fee waived, and successfully got a $45 credit. The $20 is well worth the cost of the card given all the benefits the card encompasses. Additionally, the card gets the Amex sync offers, Small Business Saturday, and other offers. I will be keeping my Starwood Preferred Guest Card open.
But, when the fee hit it got me thinking, hey it is this time of the year again. After all only 12 months ago the Starwood Card offered the extended bonus of 30,000 points instead of 25k. And then Today I get a memo that the American Express June promo is back! The sign up bonus on the SPG card is now 30,000 points after spending $5000!
Advertising Disclosure: We may receive commission for some links in this post.
30K – Starwood Prefered Guest
What are the card benefits?
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 35,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 20,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Card membership
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel.
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide – with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights – with no blackout dates
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions apply.
What other perks does this card have?
- Earn Starwood Gold status after spending $30,000 on the card annually.
- American Express special offers (Sync and save, twitter, Small business Saturday etc.)
- Purchase Protection
- Extended Warranty
- Receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays towards SPG elite status each year
American Express has limited the sign up bonuses to once in a life time. Therefore, if you had this card in the past, you will not be able to get it again with the full bonus. Rumor has it that you can get a smaller bonus, but it is not worth the credit pull.
American Express has brought back the 30K offer of the SPG card this summer. This card is only available until the end on June, so hurry if you want to get it. If you had the card in the past, don’t bother applying.
We will not be applying for this card, as we already have both in our wallet. If you do not have the SPG card and you are planning on applying for one, this is the biggest bonus we have seen on this card in quite a few years. Now is as good time to take advantage of it. This card will decrease to the 25k at the end of June.
Other limited time offers
- 100k miles after spending $10,000 in 90 days
- $200 Statement credit after first purchase
- $450 annual fee
- First Checked Bag Free
- Admirals Club® Membership Privileges
- Enhanced Airport Experience
- 25% Savings on Eligible In-Flight Purchases
- Elite Qualifying Miles
- Earn Double AAdvantage® Miles on Eligible American Airlines Purchases
- No Mileage Cap
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on Purchases
- Expert Concierge Service
The Starwood American Express card is back with it’s 30k offer, it is only good for those that never had the SPG credit card before.